2003 owner compares to new 2007

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do the rear side windows go all the way down?

Flip, yes they do. The reason they didn't on the Gen 1, was because the original Explorer rear door design was used, and it wouldn't allow the window to go all the way down because the door was cut into by the wheel well.

Look through the pictures in my Louisville 06 folder. There's some of the Orange Frost in there. I'd post it here, but they're pretty big.

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally I thought the window question was a good one. Since Q probably doesn't have any friends and no one ever rides in his rear seat, I guess it was irrelevant to him.

How about the oem shocks. Are they any better?

I was quite happy to see that the rear windows go all the way down in my '07. Makes for better ventalition, and my son can see out the side better now with them down. This read souldn't be only about the rear windows though. I like the one touch open/close of the sun roof. Also that I can open/closr all windos/roof (PDBL too) after I shut the ST off. IT gives you a certain amount of time to get it all done. Also the factory radio stays on until you open the door. My AVIC Z1 does not though. Also the theater lighting is nice. Instead of just shutting off when you close the door it gradually dims

That's like worrying about whether the tailgate swings out. Irrelevent.

I wasn't worried, just curious. Comprehend that. Thanks to those who replied to my "panty-bunching" question.

Last edited by a moderator:
How does the wind noise compare?

How does the vibrations compare on the highway?

How does the gas mileage compare?

How does the interior trim and materials compare?

My question is, did you get the V8? That was the ONLY thing I don't like about my '03. I'm still partial to the looks of the '01-'05, but seeing the '07 up close, it's grown on me. I can definately see getting one when I'm done running my '03 into the ground. (with the V8 of course) My wife has an '05 Mountaineer with IRS and I really do like the ride it gives, even over rough roads.;)

How do you like the new tie down style compared to the old ones on the bed? How useful are you finding the in box storage compartments? Oh, I'll second the gas mileage question.

I think the bed storage boxes are pretty much useless. And they keep the bed mat from laying flat. I think they will most likely disappear in 08 models.