2004 ST - Cruise control - best controls?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GO BILLS Jake

Reaction score
My project ST cruise controls are trashed. See a lot of choices online but which is the best? Which have you had success with?

(photo is a sample)

Attachments

• B43B2E6E-6772-4126-ABE6-E64455FBA36A.jpeg
    B43B2E6E-6772-4126-ABE6-E64455FBA36A.jpeg
    90.8 KB · Views: 50
Ive installed 2 sets of the cheepo Ebay ones.... Work fine, JUST watch the wires can pull out of the clips causing it not to work. Just take your time. I even pushed the wires into the clips more before installing.

They are all the same. Go with price and USA stock. Only issue I had with the one I got was the soft plastic cover can tend to pop off so make sure it is on there well before you button it back up. They can be a pain to push back on with the air bag in the way.

I will make another point. If you have to (or want to) replace the ribbon cables as well, you have to remove the two horn brackets to run the cables behind them. When reinstalling the horn brackets, don't tighten the screws too much; snug is enough. Too tight, and the horn will blow continuously when you reconnect the battery. Ask me how I know. 😆

Last edited:
I will make another point. If you have to (or want to) replace the ribbon cables as well, you have to remove the two horn brackets to run the cables. When reinstalling the horn brackets, don't tighten the screws too much; snug us enough. Too tight, and the horn will blow continuously when you reconnect the battery. Ask me how I know. 😆
I yanked the wheel and did off the truck.... it was freezing out... lol