2005 Explorer Sport Trac Flip Out Bed Replacement Lock Pin

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnL12

Reaction score
I was in need of a replacement flip out bed extender lock pin for my 2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac. They're no longer manufactured and could not find anywhere. Online or Ford Parts. There are no more. I took a chance and purchased this Lock Pin 9L3Z-99286B26-A for a later model Ford vehicle. My original had a round head about the size of a silver dollar. This one has a rectangle head. The think you pop to lock in place.. See images attached (1) original and (1) of this new lock pin installed. Fit absolutely perfect. Slid in the slots.. Perfect diameter, length, notches, everything. Perfect fit.. Installed in maybe 2 minutes and tested. Worked flawlessly.

Attachments

• Original Lock Pin.jpg
    Original Lock Pin.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 82
  • New Replacement Box Bed Lock Pin 9L3Z-99286B26-A.jpg
    New Replacement Box Bed Lock Pin 9L3Z-99286B26-A.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 64
Excellent info!
Had a broken LockPin on my BedExtender ~15yrs ago; made a homemade replacement
but haven't really used it, as it's been hanging on garage wall since.
Your fix looks a lot better.

GREAT INFO guys..... thanks for sharing, i know this will help many others !!

I bought a bed extender off Craigslist a few years ago that had lever style lock pins. It was off an F-150, but I don't know what year or model. The seller delivered it to me at work as she was going to work, and didn't have time to talk. I swapped the pins into a Sport Trac extender and they work perfectly.

The lock pins aren't absolutely necessary. They mostly just keep the extender from bouncing, which in my experience isn't much of a problem on the highway.

Lolol
Orlando fla. those pins and floor mats are really hard to find…found one last week….a first…And I go every week to junkyard …my hobbie. there are 17 S/T 1s at upulland pay Orlando look it up and look at the pictures of the s/t coming in… some look better than mine…. there starting to come to the junkyards now cause there over 20 years old …and tranny or motors are going. But bodies are holding up. but they have gone up in price almost 6 k in good shape…well worth keeping.
Unless you got 40 k for a new one.

Latest posts