2005 sport trac 4X4

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jpalm

Reaction score
Hey everyone-
I recently purchased my trac out in Jackson Wyoming and drove it back home to Minnesota. I chose to go out west because vehicles tend to be in much better condition (no rust). It currently has 89 thousand on it and runs very well!
So far I’ve done basic maintenance on it, added a seven pin towing harness and class three hitch, add a leafs, back up camera, and an additional tranny cooler. I also bought the scangauge that has been widely recommended on this site and I am happy that I did.
The next things I want to do are: get a tune (still need to do some research), and I need to do my lower control arms because the bushings are all rotted out.
The sport trac fits the perfect niche for me in that I can have a full size cab for the kids car seats, I can tow my camper, and its small enough to not tie up my whole garage bay like a 1/2 ton would. It’s a small truck that’s still totally capable.

1873F558-F3A0-4B25-A63D-4CBECC81F21D.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
yea i am curious on the bike set up, looks like mounts on a hard cover,, i used mine for towing a 16ft cargo with quads and went with a super tuner and allows you to change shift points and rev limiter which was awesome for hills in oregon, you can change it back to stock when not towing and makes a huge difference, and less stress on motor.

sorry i have a superchips and i will include a pic in case ya looking for one, the box is 17 years old but the tuner works great and even used for my 04 f150 but can only do one vehicle at a time, but way simple to use.
1625771028753.png

For the bikes, I formed up some brackets that get installed behind the tie-down cleats. Then I welded up some other brackets to a piece of angle that spans across the bed to pick up the forks of the bikes. Everything is bolt on with wing nuts so it’s easy on/off. Works great! Here’s a photo of it mocked up before paint:

Attachments

• CC9DFFD2-FACE-4046-B907-40EDDA94F629.png
    CC9DFFD2-FACE-4046-B907-40EDDA94F629.png
    648.7 KB · Views: 95
As for the tune, torrie hooked me up with a livewire ts and custom tune. I asked for a tune that would improve my towing capabilities. I haven’t installed it yet but hoping to tonight.

way nice and clean. i did not want to drill in my cover and bikes sit way to high on roof.. looks great.

Very nice, like that "wedgewood dark blue"!
Considering you're towing,
be sure to frequently service the Tranny+TransferCase+Diffs+Bearings....
Keep us updated on how your custom tune does.

Latest posts