2005 SportTract XLT - No cruise or 4wd and need wiring diagram

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bburgin

Reaction score
I have a 2005 Ford SprtTrac XLT wit h around 100k miles. The cruise control doesn't come on. When you press the "ON" and "CST" switches indicator flashes on the dash so I guess it means its getting power. The repair attempts to repair the cruise control included replacing the switches on the steering column twice. thought maybe got a bad set and replaced the steering column switches twice. Checked the fuses and there are no blown fuses. Replaced the brake pedal release switch and the cruise sensor switch on the master cylinder. The reason this feed is titled "No cruise or 4wd and need wiring diagram" is because the 4wd switch will not illuminate and engage the 4wd system. I'm wondering if anyone has a wiring schematic for the cruise and 4wd systems for a 2005 Ford Sport Trac? I'm hoping a wiring diagram will point me in the next direction to proceed, I'm at my wits end.

I think there is a self-diagnose procedure for the cruise control... hold "On" button and turn key to on. Count blinks and push buttons kind of thing. You will have to search for the procedure.

You may also want to look into the clockspring.

I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM ON MINE , I HAVE A 2003 , IT WAS THE SWITCH ON TOP OF MASTER CYL. IT IS DISCONNECT SWITCH FOR CRUISE .
I sprayed contact cleaner all over and inside the two electrical connections and it works great now.

Problem resolved. I was getting an intermittent ABS light. Replaced all four wheel speed sensors and works now
Where is the brake pedal release switch located? Heck, while you're at it, where would the wheel speed sensors be located? Lol. Thanks!