2005 XLT, white in color,

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CBass

Reaction score
All Stock, purchased in 2016, it's been a good truck. Drove it from southern Oregon to mid Michigan and back in 2017 and it's rarely had a day off since I bought it, has 186.5K miles on the odometer at the present time (7/2/2021) with only minor repairs needed over the years.

Replaced the front wheel bearings about two years ago and they are getting noisy again, have replaced fuel rail pressure sensor twice, evicted a mouse/mice living on the intake manifold, had the driver's seat side panel separate from its securement and the seat fabric is starting to tear, and have had that timing chain noise at 2,000 rpm ever since I bought it but it's not gotten worse (although I have been told to expect it to go at any time, I just can't afford to make the necessary repair).

I've had the front end aligned twice but apparently it's "normal" for the inside edge of the front tires to wear. Found four broken wires in the loom between the driver's door and the body which accounted for the left rear power window ceasing to work last year.

Replaced the driver's door power lock motor twice (the first replacement was under warranty) and the paint is starting to peel at the bottom part of the doors and on the roof.

I really love this truck. The only thing I wish it had that it doesn't is a frame mounted receiver hitch. But, the bumper hitch is adequate for my little haul-things-to-the-landfill trailer.

0831171039.jpg

When I made the trip to Michigan, I made a little cubby camper situation with the bed. Built a wooden slide-out floor with a hinged section that folded down to make a bed that extended over the tailgate and used PVC pipe to over-build a little frame for a tarp to cover my head, and slept with my head at the tailgate end. I have to use a CPAP machine when I sleep, so I brought along a power inverter that plugged into the 12v accessory plug in the bed and powered my CPAP.

Using a foam pad and a sleeping bag, it was actually pretty comfortable. The tarp allowed for the tonneau cap to be open about half way which gave lots of head room under the tarp, which I secured to the bed tie-downs and my PVC frame with small cords. When not in use, the foam pad rolled up and stowed out of the way.

roadcamper.jpg

0830170651.jpg

It was a great trip, except for the deer I hit near Bly, Oregon on my return home. Thankfully the grille guard guarded the grill, and the only damage was the right side fog light being knocked out and the bumper cracked at the hole where the fog light was. As for the deer? I never found it, so I guess it survived at least long enough to run off.

Last edited:

Latest posts