2006 Lincoln Zephyr

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Ponder

Reaction score
I would like opinions please.

Although we like our Focus, we would like to have something more quiet and with a softer ride for long drives. The Wife and I are looking at trading in our 2007 Focus SES/ZX5 with 45K on it for this 2006 Lincoln Zephyr with 35K on it. It is fully loaded, heated/cooled leather 10 way power seats (Driver & Passinger), Moonrooof, THX 6 disc sound system, Nav. system, dual climate control, HID headlamps, steering wheel climate and audio controls, wood trim dash and wheel... Etc...

Edmunds owner reviews gives it an overall 9.5 out of 10, and looking at the few bad reviews out of the 170+ that were there seem to be due to personal preference, and not due to problems with the car.

IF I can get what I want out of the Focus, and get the right financing, (I have very good credit) my payments would only go up by about $115 a month. (We JUST put new tires on the Focus less than 4 months ago, so I would ask them to put new ones on the Lincoln as part of the deal) The wife really likes this car, but she is a realist and we CAN walk away from the dealership if we need to. (I have purchased 4 cars from them over the years, and they know I will walk if I dont agree)

My thought is that 4 years from now, the Lincoln will hold its value better and be worth more (% wise) than the Focus. The link to the car is below. Original window sticker price was north of $35K. What are your thoughts, pro or con... THANKS. Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
I've sold so many of these it isn't funny.

I personally would buy the MKZ instead. It's the same car as the Zephyr but has a MUCH better 3.5L 263hp V6. It gets better fuel economy and has more balls.

I LOVE the THX II audio system. It is amazing. It's better than any aftermarket system I've ever built or heard in any vehicle. It is just amazing for the price.

I would have to agree that the Lincoln will have a better residual than the Focus.

The Zephyr and the MKZ are extremely quiet and have a greatly imrpoved ride over the Focus. They also perform better in spirited driving situations.

I actually have a really nice Silver 06 Zephyr in stock with the same equipment the one you're looking at has. Mine was an off-lease vehicle and it's in perfect condition. Mine has only 22,000 miles. We have ours priced at $22,995 so I would say your selling dealer's price is excellent for their mileage.

Thanks for the feedback Carey, What about the Mercury Milan Premire? The same dealership has an 06 for $14,988. Any pluses or minuses with the Milan's? (link below) Thanks.

I would take the Lincoln over the Milan. The cabin is better, the audio system is better, the styling is better, the suspension is better....the wheels on the lincoln are nicer. The heated and cooled, forced air seat temp control is awesome....

I think the $3,000 in additional cost for the lincoln is more than justified, I think it's a much better value.

Latest posts