2007 4.6 Fuel MPG?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kerry Tuck

Reaction score
Possibly looking to sell our 2004 XLT for a 2007 V8 model. Any feedback on MPG would be appreciated on the 4.6 in the 2007 also state your gear ratio and 2 or 4 wheel drive.

Thanks,

Kerry T

Vancouver, WA

4.6 2WD, mixed highway/city driving, mostly city, I'm getting right at 15mpg. Got 18mpg towing 4000lb trailer on highway recently. Satisfied so far, and seems to be increasing with every fill up. I've got just over 4600 miles on it. Hope this helps??

I get high 14's on mixed driving in my '07 V8 4X4. I have less than 1500 mies on it so far.

Ghosty, 2 wheel drive Limited, has 16,600 miles. Combo city and freeway driving over the latest 1800 miles average is 17.5 mpg according to the on-board computer. When I pull a 6400 lb. trailer, it drops to 12.5 - 13.5.

You all are getting quite a bit more milage than I am getting. I have the 4X4 with 4.6 and have mixed "freeway" and city driving and get around 13.5mpg. I don't have a heavy foot either however I live in the pacific northwest so our terrain is not flat. Lot's of hills and such, even in the city. When I tow my boat which is around 4500lbs the computer shows around 9 to 10mpg. Now I believe it would be higher if I was towing on a flat freeway but again, lots of hills and sometimes crossing the coast range really hurts the milage.

On a side note I used to get the same 13mpg on my Dodge dakota that also had a v8 so no real big change. Never towed with it though

My 07 4.6L has 4K miles. Yesterday I filled the tank, reset the on board computer and drove about 150 miles. 90% of it was highway and it's indicateing 20.4 MPG, not bad for a V8. I realize the on board computer is not 100% accurate, but it gives a good overall indication of MPG. I'm in the Dallas area where out terrain is flat.

4x4 v8 07...I drive back and forth to work and it is 1-2 miles to interstate access than interstate until the work exit, another 2 miles or so. I use cruise control on the interstate. I don't punch it much, only occasionally switching off the overdrive if I need to pass--and this is rare.

verdict: 15.3 mpg.