2007 bed extender part information/photos help

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 64972

4 wheel drive
2nd Gen owner
V8 Engine
Reaction score
Hi:

I just bought a used bed extender for my 2007 ST. Any ideas where I could find close up photos of the attachment hardware? Or, does anyone know of a site that would have a view with part numbers. I have ordered the studs that insert into the bed. These are the studs that it pivots on and then there is a latch on both sides that has a plastic pin the moves into the side of the bed. Just looking at it, I'm not sure how/if it will work. I bought it because it was listed specifically as off of a 2007 ST. Any info will be appreciated. I should have just asked the dealer to add when i bought the truck.

Thanks, Gary:D

Last edited by a moderator:
I would think that since it is a new design and it is a longer & wider truck, they would be a little different dimensions from the earlier ST's. I also thought that i read that the truck bed was larger. Someone here will have this info.

Gary:)

The main attachment looks very much like the tailgate latch pin but a little shorter. The top and bottom pin holes are plastic grommets. There are two photos in my library. Mark

Gen 1 Bed extender will fit, but it hits the cover brackets and requires a slight bending of the top tubes to fit....

There is a member that did it....

I still think a muffler shop could bend the tubes for a nice clean look....

Todd Z

Thank you Mark, for the photos. I hope mine works...when I sit it in the bed and flip the sliding pins both towards the outsides of the bed, they don't go very far into the holes with the plastic grommets. Guess I'll have to wait n see.

I would think that the tab below in the "Post a Reply" area that says "Select an image from your library"(The far right tab) would add a photo if its in your library...like the 2 photos you added to your library. Being new to the ST web site, I've never actually tried this.

Thanks for the info also Todd!!

Thanks again for the photos.

i notice when I reinstall mine I have to stretch it wider just a little to get it on the second pin. Yours will probably fit fine. Thanks for the photo tip Gary. M

I don't know...is a used CD player the same thing as a stolen CD player?

Got the parts from the dealer and my "used" bed extender works great.

Thanks for the help, I appreciate it!