2007 Clock Spring Replacement Experience

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul Fithian

Reaction score
I recently had an airbag light come on, connection with FORScan showed DTC B2293-E0, but no further Pid info. I visited our local Ford dealer, they were most helpful, with their scanner we found B2293-21: Air Bag Circuit Open – Loop No. 2, Front Driver Side.
Ford Diagnosis Screenshot2.jpg

This great video shows the level of detail that the Ford dealer scanner can reveal:

I performed several ALLDATA tests, the indicated error was from a bad clockspring. Two different clocksprings sourced from ebay showed open circuit or high resistance on CR102 & RR102 as received and did not resolve the fault.
Clockspring resistance tests.jpg

A third clocksping from our local O'Reilly's, Dorman 525-246, had the same labeling and mold markings as the ebay ones above and for sure was made in the same Chinese factory. It also showed the same 1.3 ohm resistance on these circuits and did not resolve the fault when connected.

I acquired via ebay a Ford 8L2Z-14A664-B clockspring, installed it, and no longer have an airbag fault on the truck. It appears this may be difficult to acquire in the future, as I originally tried to source from Tasca, but they cancelled my order and advised:
Part 8L2Z-14A664-B is currently on national backorder with the automotive manufacturer and has no estimated date of resupply.

Ford 8L2Z-14A664-B clockspring label.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts