2007 Handle under Bedrail

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Lukus

Reaction score
I just looked at a new 2007 Sport Trac while the Dealership was closed. While looking at the new bed I noticed a handle under the driver side bed rail. Is this for some sort or release for the spare tire or the cargo hatch in the bed ???

Yep, it's for one storage bin. It's under the bed rail on the drivers side. You push it upward and it releases the long storage bin that's at the front of the bed. I believe they did it this way so you didn't have to climb into the bed and twist a release on the storage bin door. I'm 5'7" so I'd have to climb in anyway to access the contents of the bin anyway. The other 2 bins, at the back of the bed on the sides, have twist releases.

The optional bed mat (it's in Ford's ST Accessories pamphlet) will cover all the storage bins. You'd have to remove the bed mat to get to get access to the bins. I'm waiting to see what kind of special pricing Rusty can get for us. :D

You could win the first mod contest: modify bed-mat so that the rear storage compartments are stil usable :)

A snip here, a snip there and it should work!

PS: I'm already a winner, just waiting for Rich to get it uploaded. I put a copy on my 07 ST website accessible through my signature link.

Nice job. I cant wait for the Job 2's to come out!

Oh, well you could do a clean sweep of the first 3 projects then, lol, didn't see anything in the rules that said it had to be 3 different owners. I too am awaiting a project upload for Todd Z's modded throttle bodies. I guess I'll have a green wrench at that point.

Hehe - I tried! to install an aux input today and got pics but the unit doesn't work. It was a test I wanted to try to see if it would work, but no dice.