2007 Incentives getting WORSE!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jayson Firebaugh

Reaction score
First the 0% financing went away, and now GONE are the $500.00 cash back and APR offers! This is just GREAT considering I won't get my '07 until mid - September thanks to my Dealer's slow ordering!! Does anyone think that there will be any more incentives before mid September?

This just plain SUCKS!!

Hopefully they'll announce new incentives after the first of the month. It is odd they no longer show an incentive which is good until the 31st.

I got the $1000 and said no thanks to the $500 because the interest rate that Ford offered was much higher than I could get through a credit union. They are interested in moving the '06's off the lot now. Maybe when the '08 Sport Tracs come out, they will want to move the '07s.

I got several offers in the past week in the mail (all probably because I "paid" off my ST). Two of them had $500 cash back rebates and fairly low APR's.

They are out there, you may just need to find a coupon or something. Try the standard of comparison shopping. Tell the dealer so and so had it for this... will you BEAT their price? Remember, YOU have the money, therefore the power. You can always walk away from the dealership.

The Ford website has added a stand alone APR incentive effective 8/29-10/02.

2.9% APR financing for 36 months

3.9% APR financing for 48 months

4.9% APR financing for 60 months

6.9% APR financing for 72 months

jfire, tell them you are ready to buy but you set the finance and incentive terms. It's not your fault delivery keeps slipping and Ford's policy is to not lock in. They will either match your terms or not. Be prepared to walk away and buy in Summer 08.

TJR

As bad as Ford is financially right now, if you walk away, they WILL be calling you back offering you a deal at your terms. Definitely a buyer's market.

If you want to keep your options of "walking away" open you have to dicker over something on the lot. Otherwise dealers want money up front to order something and that gives them some leverage.

I know the 0% was at least on F-150's (but I believe it was on anything in the lot). One of the local radio stations were there broadcasting and had the grill going. If it weren't 15 miles out of the way, I would have gone down to see what the deal was. I'm sure it's still going on though.