2007 issues (of a friend) seem to be fixed

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blert

1st Gen Owner
2 wheel drive
2001 job 2
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V6 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
1st Gen Owner
A buddy of mine bought a 2007 ST last year and had big problems with the traction control. It would sometimes work and most times not. He said it would feel at times like the transmission was slipping and had all the symptoms of a borked tranny. He had it up in the snow a few weeks ago and could not force the traction control to work. It has been to the shop many-a-time with no help from the Ford mechs. This last time they finally decided to check the diff and found that the inner seals on both sides were damaged and there was almost no fluid in the diff. They fixed the seals and refilled the pumpkin and all seems to be working fine with his truck now. I asked him if they inspected the gears up in there for damage and he told me that they did not. I told him to take it back to them to have it reinspected as driving with no pumpkin juice is NOT a good thing and this has been going on for a while.

Just thought I would post just incase some of you are having similar issues.

Last edited by a moderator: