2007 Power Rear Window Initialization

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Russ Frith

Reaction score
Many thanks in advance for other members' heplful assistance with this problem.

I needed to disconnect the negative battery lead on my 2007 Sport Trac V8 Limited 4X4.

Afterwards, the power rear window went to vent position and then fully open as selected but won't go back up.

I tried the initialization procedure found in other posts for the power rear window motor in earlier Sport Tracs but it didn't do anything on my 2007.

I can hear the relay clicking at the motor when the switch is pressed but that's all that happens.

Does anyone know how to initialize the power rear window motor on a 2007 (assuming that this is also necessary on a 2007 after the battery is reconnected)?

I'd like to learn how to do this myself rather than take it to the dealer. :rolleyes:

Thanks again!

Maybe if it has it pull the fuse. Try disconnecting the battery again maybe? I'm really clueless about it sorry. If all else fails take it too the dealer :D

i had to take my 07 back to the dealer because there was a loose connection on the rear window motor - either way im sure its a warranty issue

Latest posts