2007 power window

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Lukus

Reaction score
The power rear window for the 2007 Sport Trac will start being built at the assembly line on March 1st !! This will be a up / down window and not a side slider.I'm not sure if this will be the Job 2 or not. This info came from our friends a the Louisville assembly plant.

A dealer also said that the AUX jack (audio input jack) will be coming in at the 7/31/06 Job1 for the 07 Explorer (which is also the Job2 date for the Trac). THAT'S what I'm waiting for, and then all my options will be available. :-]

White V8 Trac XLT w/ 6-disc Audiophile/AUX-Jack, Sat radio, power moonroof, tonneau, rear power window, Appearance + Convenience Pkgs...I can't WAIT!!! :D

Correction: If the rep said the power rr wdow will be built in March, it's probably a post-Job1 design action, not Job2. :-] 7/31/06 is the Job2 date for the 07 Sport Trac.

SO.......help me out here...I've ordered my '07 Oxford white Limited. I need it asap, so I cannot wait for Job2. When(?) IF(?) the sliding back window becomes available, will I be able to retro fit one onto mine?? It would make sense that I could..any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I could wait forever, I don't think Ford will upgrade the new Trac to a solid axle.

Tom

BT,

It doesn't look as though it will be able to be retrofitted. I have cancelled my order and will reorder a Limited in the Summer, as I will not buy one without the soon to be optional rear power window.

The standard window is and will continue to be a fixed rear glass.

If it's any conciliation, having purchased a vehicle that was a totally new/refitted, first-year model back in 2000 and having MUCHO problems with it, I will NEVER do that again.

Give them at least 6 months to a year to get the cars out to the customers, get some road time, and feed any process/quality problems back to the line; that's the way I look at it.

TJR

In Dallas I was told the rear window may make it to production for Job 1, but if it didnt' then Job 2 for sure .

WTG Ford, now bring back that SVT Adrenalin, oh and make it semi Concept style! :)

Latest posts