2007 running rough

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ottis Pyron

Reaction score
2007 trac with 22000 miles..all of a sudden it started running rough at lunch today..pulled up at stop light and acted like it wanted to go dead...made it back to work and turned it off and cranked it back up and its running fine ...any ideas what could be causing this...no lights came on on the dash so i have no idea..unless a piece of trash may have caused the problem...v6 by the way....thanks OPyron

weird,

The Gen 1 ST can do this and never do it again.... We have learned to call it the ST gremlin...

Comes every now and then and never comes back..

Todd Z

Yep, sounds like the Gremlin is now deciding to get some fresh meat. Happened to mine twice (2003) but that was about 2 years ago. Hasn't happened since. Seems like Ford CPU's get the hicc-ups once in a while. Just to keep you awake.:D;)

One day about a month ago, my ABS system would kick in every time I'd touch the brakes, and the traction control would sense the brakes and make it worse. The gremlin left after a restart.