2007 sport trac wont start

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

curt beck

Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V6 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
my sport trac wont start on saturday it tried to shut off twice in a minute the ran fine for two days . the today went to go to work and it just kept cranking over . i then let it sit for a half hour and started right up . any advice or items to check. thanks in advance. 130,000 on trac new fuel pump and filter last year also new plugs and wires within the year.

Your condition is Crank, No Start (the other being No Crank, No Start). From your post it sounds like a fuel supply issue. How many miles on the fuel filter? It may be fairly new but if you got a bad load or two of fuel it may be plugged. Fuel filters are cheap and quick to change - think I'd change that, plus adding fuel injector cleaner in next couple of tanks. If condition persists then checking fuel pressure would be next. Take a look at intake system from air filter, MAF and throttle body. Check battery and cables. Any codes present?

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember a common problem on the late 90s Exploders and Rangers was the relay under the hood going bad. I started to carry a spare when it happened to me and ended up helping other people with that spare relay. Good luck hope you get it figured out soon. :cry:

thanks guys no codes it ran fine today and started fine going to put a fuel filter on tomarrow

Check the plug at your fuel pump inertia switch.

Todd Z

I agree with the others!

Sounds like a fuel problem. Either low pressure or some other issue related to insufficient fuel delivery. Hard to diagnose without having the vehicle in front of me and I don't know what tools, or mechanical experience you have.

...Rich

Check the plug at your fuel pump inertia switch.

Ditto, I think we have had that same issue, many times. One member change his fuel pump, but the problem was the inertia switch,

took it to the ford garage the said it might be my key all they could tell me is if it happens again look at the red light on the dash

my sport trac wont start on saturday it tried to shut off twice in a minute the ran fine for two days . the today went to go to work and it just kept cranking over . i then let it sit for a half hour and started right up . any advice or items to check. thanks in advance. 130,000 on trac new fuel pump and filter last year also new plugs and wires within the year.
If it starts to be an issue again, check the Fuel Pump Driver Control Module as it is responsible for regulating the fuel pump pressure. They will work intermittently until they short our due to an aluminum base attached to a steel plate or frame mount.

Latest posts