2007 ST rear end suspension

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V6 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
Aloha Folks, I should have posted here first. I probably have many items that I need to go through as my ST now has just over 150,000 miles on it. I noticed today on the freeway, going over a bump my back end bounced. I have steadily noticed this and my cab area is full with the lid on top. This was my father's vehicle first and I got it with about 60,000 miles on it. I am pretty sure he never changed anything. In the last couple of years I have replaced the hub/bearings in the front as well as the sway bar links and end bushings both front and back, that's been it except for regular maintenance.
So for the rear area, would you advise me to replace the struts now? If so, my question is, do I just order the struts or a kit that includes everything in a strut assembly (strut/coil spring/mount)? Are there any other parts that should be replaced at this time? Do you go with the stock Ford Motorcraft or something like KYB, Rancho, Monroe? Thank you in advance for your advice, once this is done then I can tackle the front and ask more questions! Mahalo!

Aloha again folks, I did some reading here and see that many like the Monroe Quick-Strut. Is this the correct Part Number for the rear assemblies: MONROE 271125 Quick-Strut Also, are there other parts in this area that need to be changed out when the old stock assemblies come out? Thank you very much. Mahalo!

I'm not familiar enough with the Gen 2s to give any useful advice. Hopefully, someone who has one will come along.

Yes, that is the correct number. I put the 271125 Monroe assemblies in the rear of my 2010 and they are great. That was all my shop needed to do the job. I did get a 4-wheel alignment after the new rear struts were installed. But the adjustment in my case was minimal.

Later this year I'll buy a pair of the 271124 struts to replace the front ones on my 4WD ST. The Monroe site shows part number 371124 for a RWD vehicle but the same number for the rear struts.

Last edited:
Yes, that is the correct number. I put the 271125 Monroe assemblies in the rear of my 2010 and they are great. That was all my shop needed to do the job. I did get a 4-wheel alignment after the new rear struts were installed. But the adjustment in my case was minimal.

Later this year I'll buy a pair of the 271124 struts to replace the front ones on my 4WD ST. The Monroe site shows part number 371124 for a RWD vehicle but the same number for the rear struts.
Aloha Larry, thank you very much for that confirmation! I just received the large package from Rock Auto! Boy, those 2 rear Monroe Quick Struts have some weight! I can't wait to install them, then I will order like you the front ones for my RWD ST. I hear some other noises below and think it could be muffler, loose hangers so with my mechanic I hope to fix/correct that. Anyhow, the excessive bouncing on these bad Bay Area roads/freeways is an annoyance so, looking forward the new Monroes and will make sure to get an alignment as well. Thanks again, Mahalo!

Latest posts