2007 Tundra

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josh Langel

Reaction score
Well, I think I may have found my next truck... 2007 Tundra Crew Cab 4x4...

The new 5.7 produces 381HP and 401LB torque @ 3600RPMS... pretty sweat!

Anyone else had a chance to see the new crew cab?

Ive only seen it in photographs...

5332ac6527c1a522e9ac93d769b1ef7f.jpg

That last picture resembles a dodge front end to me. I also don't really like the tapered looking cab (the front looks taller and it slowly gets slimmer as towards the back window/bed).

Nah, I'm not sold. Sorry Josh. I say keep the Tundra you have. It's a much better looking ride IMO.

BTW, when are you coming fishing with me and Scott? Snook season starts in a few weeks and we want to get a trip in before the wedding/honeymoon.

Tundra, F150 S'crew and I guess some others too that combine 5 passenger seating with a bigger bed are available. But, too big for my needs so Trac is just right. To me they all look OK since looks don't matter to me nearly as much as the overall utility and being able to fit in my garage along with my wife's full size car.

Hey Jenn...

Boy, I am busy as hell. I have class this whole month from 9am (some take all day)... only day off are Sundays right now... I would love to go fishing... I am going to take my Dad out in my boat as soon as I get a chance... thanks for the invite... maybe we can some day :)

Josh

I am with Bill-E that it is too big for what I need, but if I were looking for a full size truck, it would be at the top of my list of trucks to look at.

I was at the Detroit Auto Show last week. Toyota is pushing the Tundra HARD! In a show where there were not many trucks and SUV front and center (most companies were showcasing cars, not big trucks), Toyota had no fewer than 7 Tundras in their display. It was striking that what their push was different. It is apparent that this is a segment where they feel they can increase market share.

Rocks

Last edited by a moderator:
The Tundra crew cab is even larger than the F150 Screw, it is a few inches longer, higher and wider. A big truck. I will be checking one out in 08 when my current lease on my F150 ends. I have a feeling that another F150 will be in my driveway though, because in the end it will come down to cost difference between the two and the lease rates on Toyotas are quite a bit higher per month than what Ford has.

Its a little on the ugly side, ok alot. The whole built in texas thing just cracks me up too, i saw a tundra yesterday and the thing had badges ofthe shape of texas on the tail gate and two rear doors. do they really think that looks good or will help them sell. if it does help them sell i feel sorry for the suckers who justify it for that reason.

I was at the Detroit show today. First road trip for the new Trac. I was not impressed by the Tundra. They had a bare frame on display and it looked like a joke compared to the F150's or even the Sport Trac's frame. The Toyota frame is an open C-channel design with bolted and riveted crossmembers. Looked like something from the 60's. Even my old 75 Bronco has a fully boxed frame for crying out loud. :rolleyes:

For full size trucks, I still think American trucks are the way to go. Very well designed, very rugged. Look better too.

If you look at Toyota's entire lineup, almost all of them aren't that great looking. But that hasn't stopped Toyota from becoming the world's #2 automaker.

If you look at Toyota's entire lineup, almost all of them aren't that great looking. But that hasn't stopped Toyota from becoming the world's #2 automaker.

No way, I did a double post?

I forgot to mention that this new Tundra isn't that bad looking. I also kinda like the Tacoma and 4Runner.

I have always been a Ford guy..But looking at what they are doing with Toyota. Better power vs better economy..Toy is on top of their game! I would love to have one. They back their warranty up as well. Ford doesn't like to warranty stuff....I have a warped axle in my Certified 04 ST and they are not going to be doing nothing for me!! So here in a few years..I will more than likely be driving a Toyota or even Nissan truck..Unless Ford gets off their ass and step the game up!!