2007 vs 2008 tonneau?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terrell Huber

Reaction score
Is the factory toneau cover fit the same on both of these years?

Some of my online searching suggests that the 2006/07 is the same and something changed in 2008. However most other searches suggest that the 2007/08 is the same fit. Thickness or style isnt an issue for me if the cover will bolt on nicely.

I found a guy locally selling a 2008 factory hard cover and I have a 2007. I dont want to waste his time if its not going to fit my bed.

Year 2007 and 2008 should be the exact same.

FWIW, there was no year 2006 for the Sport Trac, went from 2005 to 2007, though some aftermarket suppliers don't recognize this and you'll often see "2006" as a valid year.

In case anyone else is looking for a definite answer, yes the 2008 cover fit my 2007 perfectly.

I got a super deal. $100 for it.

The previous owner didnt have the keys with it, he said he would look around for them. Does anyone know if they are different from the ignition key if it came as original equipment? I guess we should have tried his key right there on the spot but it didnt occur to me as he said he had the tonneau keys elsewere.

For the record, the 2008 factory toneau was keyed the same as the sellers ignition. So I guess I will be rekeying.

Thanks for everyones help with this. I love having the cover.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts