2008 Adrenalin Gas Mileage

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

b thomas

Reaction score
I have now owned my 2008 Adrenalin AWD V8 for a month. On two road trips it has averaged 19.6 MPG and 19.8 MPG. This is a full 2 MPG better than my 2007 Limited 4wd V8 ever did.

By the way, it runs better and shifts better than the 2007 ever did too. I am loving it!!!

Also, the Colorado Red is sure an eye catcher. People stop me every where I go wanting to see it. And I just attended the International Auto Show in Tulsa, OK, and I don't know whether the Red one they had inside or mine outside drew more attention. The Adrenalin was definitely one of the most sought after vehicles at the show, as I went to all of the manufacturer's locations and watched.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if the 08 AWD V8 is that different from the mine (07 V8 2WD). I get 23-24 consistently on the highway.

Course, mine is NOT nearly as nice as yours :angry: :D

Lol he said that he gets better MPG with his STA than he did his ST Limited , and your saying you get better MPG with your ST 2WD.

It's all relevant i guess.

I would say that better gas mileage on the roads trips could possibly be better due to aerodynamics. Did you have a tonneau cover for limited? And possibly the lower front air dam? Also just could be a discrepancy between two Sport Tracs.

I have a real light foot these days. The weight of my foot GREATLY changes the mpg's.

As good as 24 highway

As bad as 12 city.

I do 80% city and average in the 16's.

Can't complain. I'd probably do better but when I'm sittin next to a Dodge P/U or a Chevy P/U, I just gotta show 'em what my V8 does.

( BTW Richie - I don't have the Limited. )

Last edited by a moderator: