2008 air intake kit

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes...

Many members have it...

Todd Z

No one other then KKM makes an intake for the v6....

The one I have should fit on a 09 STA or 07 V8 Explorer. They didn't change anything under the hood...in fact...all they did was add heated seats and the option of next gen nav.

Straight out of my profile:

06/14/08: Installed a K&N 63-2573 Series Air Charger Intake System. $252.72 shipped. Installed myself. Purchased at: performancepeddler.com

The over oiled filter caused me some really damn annoying MAF CELs all summer long. It's fine now but it was insanely annoying.

For other mods just check my profile. I carefully picked and researched each one. I wanted a nearly OEM look. I didn't want to do anything drastic that could effect my warranty. After going back and forth about it, I'm planning on doing a big audio system upgrade this summer so I elected to not go with some underdrive pulleys. I may still but not in the near future.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to order me up one of those! Psycareyo, I notice there is a Mustang intake cover in one of the pics. I know this was brought up before and heard they needed big mods to make them fit our 4.6's? I think Dingo was working on this issue??

It's a picture I found on a cardomain page. I thought it was cool so I saved it and asked about it here. The owner of the vehicle in the picture said it was very easy to do but never really went into detail.

I'd love one of those if I could figure out, cost effectively, how to install one.

Our sponsor Explorer Express sells them too.....

http://www.explorerexpress.com/intake-upgrade-0608-explorer-p-846.html

It may be a couple of bucks more there ( I don't like Performance peddler's practices) But EE sponsors this great site !!!

Todd Z