2008 Sport Trac 4x4 Limited V8

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard Johns

Reaction score
Upgrades:
K&N Filter
Flo thru muffler
Tune enhancement
Pioneer head upgrade
Rear camera added
112,000 miles

Repairs:
Radiator replacement
Both front wheel hubs
Smart junction box or GEM replacement

Replacements to keep it looking new:
Grille
Chrome mirror covers
Hood moulding
Tailgate moulding

To do:
Most likely a driveshaft u-joint
Refinish two front inside door panels from sun fade

Most comfortable riding truck I've ever had. It's been homed in Wyoming, Colorado, Hawaii and CA and I still receive comments - Is this new? Pics to follow. Hard to justify a new truck when upgrades make it technologically modern.

Last edited:
I still receive comments - Is this new?
Funny... I've had my '09 ST V8 XLT for a few months now and just had the 2nd person, my neighbor, tell me this weekend that he thought I bought a brand new truck - couldn't believe it was 10+ years old!

Funny... I've had my '09 ST V8 XLT for a few months now and just had the 2nd person, my neighbor, tell me this weekend that he thought I bought a brand new truck - couldn't believe it was 10+ years old!
Getting similar reactions from the neighbors, not realizing it's a 13-year-old vehicle. BUT, I understand it, as I didn't know what these were until recently. They've got the great-ass of a Lightning, but the front of an Explorer (which are also very good-looking Ford vehicles). It's like, business in the front, all-party in the back. I'm driving a 1992 Mullet, and it's welcomed :)

Getting similar reactions from the neighbors, not realizing it's a 13-year-old vehicle. BUT, I understand it, as I didn't know what these were until recently. They've got the great-ass of a Lightning, but the front of an Explorer (which are also very good-looking Ford vehicles). It's like, business in the front, all-party in the back. I'm driving a 1992 Mullet, and it's welcomed :)
Except, I need to get new wheels/tires, as, yes, it's a 10+ year old truck, with awesome suspension (IRS on a truck?!!) Going to have to do new wheel bearings and tie-rod ends and such on the front. I've only had one other vehicle with IRS, and it was way expensive rear-end work. Anyone replaced much on the rear-end? I'm not looking forward to that.

Latest posts