2008 Sport Trac Limited Mileage

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Henning

Reaction score
Merry Christmas.... When I got my V8 Sport Trac in November I was getting 15 MPG in the City for about the first two fill ups then it just started nose diving. Same type of driving but now am only getting 12.8 MPG between fillups. Any possible cause?

thanks

M

Could be the winter blends causing the drop in gas mileage.

Depends on your area and how much they change the gas

in your area.

Might be the re-adjustment of the accelerator foot to the V-8! LOL

My '07 V8 gets 15 MPG around town and I have gotten as high as 23.5 on the highway....almost stock!

[Broken External Image]:

Merry Christmas to everyone,

'07 ST

Last edited by a moderator:
My 2008 4.6 V8 averages 19.5 on my regular driving in warm weather. The colder it gets, the worse it gets. Today it is on 18. Prolly normal, the ECU has to adjust for atmospheric conditions.

mike,

as bud said could be the gas blend for the winter.

i am only getting high 12,s to low 15's at best on my 07 V-8 4x4 limited. but then again, my foot is real heavy :lol:

I'm averaging about 15 city and around 20=21 hwy bone stock. I would check the meleage manually, I am a bit leary of the one in the message center on the truck itself.

I've checked mine at every fillup since new and since the last TSB, the message center has been on the money! Hard to believe that the TSB changed the calculations in the message center but it did as well as other items that weren't right from the factory.

'07 ST

I dont know about the new ones. The onboard mpg calculators in past fords I have had, always read 2mpg higher than, hand clculation.

Keep in mind that Christmas shopping has increased dramatically since Novemenber and that has caused a big increase in the traffice in the city and suburbs. There is so much traffic around here that you have to wait for the light to cycle 3-4 times just to turn into the local mall, and it's been like that for weeks.

My guess is that your milage went down due to the increase in holiday traffic.

...Richard

by '07 ST,12/25/2008 19:57 MT

I've checked mine at every fillup since new and since the last TSB, the message center has been on the money! Hard to believe that the TSB changed the calculations in the message center but it did as well as other items that weren't right from the factory.

Which tsb changed the accuracy of the mpg readout?? I would love it if mine were somewhere close to being accurate. Doesn't bother me all that much, afterall the readout being off isn't going to affect gas mileage but being tht Ford decided to put one in their to let me know what the mpg is at least they could make it somewhat accurate.

I dont know about the new ones. The onboard mpg calculators in past fords I have had, always read 2mpg higher than, hand clculation.

On my '08, if the onboard says 19 mpg for tank full, calc by hand shows 19.5. Mine is actually pretty close.

Thanks all for the response... Weather here in VT has been in the single digits during that drive time so maybe that along with the winter blend of fuel is the issue. I do have a appointment with Ford Service for some other items so will ask them to take a look...

Happy Holidays

Mike

I've always found the onboard MPG calculator is way low, because it factors in idling as 0 MPG. The one on my 07' V8 always claims I'm getting 12.5 to 13 MPG, while my calculations show 20MPG highway and 15 in town.

been trac'ing my mileage and it is pretty low...blame it on the winter gas blend. I am lucky to get 16-17 on highway (70-80) and the ave for a tank is about 12-13.

Just curious since this is what I got the truck for, for those that tow, what do you guys get when you are towing 5000lb trailer? Just want to get my expectations in line before the summer...