2009 ST XLT no front tow hooks?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lienemannsd

Reaction score
Bought an 09 ST XLT 4x4 and absolutely love it. But there is one thing that really bugs me. It doesn't have front tow hooks? All pickups now a days have tow hooks and from the research done, the 1st generations Tracs had front tow hooks.

Anybody with a 2nd gen get them installed or rig it up so they could install them?

2008 Mountaineer came with a curb finder/ Tow hoop mounted to the front frame rail....

Don't know but most people just welded something on.....

Gen2 is more of a street truck, not off road.

Todd Z

Hello Shawn,

The way I got around the no front tow hooks "issue" was by purchasing a front hitch receiver. Not only does it give a front tow/recovery point, it also is slightly lower than the bottom of the plastic radiator so it protects it a bit.

If you are interested in buying one I have one for sale that has never been installed, all it needs is bolts to mount it to the frame.

Keith S (aka MadDog)

Found a solution. Same as mountaineer, could be very useful information for anyone in future with gen 2's that want some sort of option. Should be more than capable of getting pulled out of mud or something but wouldn't recommend hoisting it up by it.

Tow Hook Part #: 1L2Z-17A955-AA

Adjusting Nut Part #: W520815-S436 (qty 2 each)

Mount Plate Bolt Part #: W500642-S436 (qty 2 each)

I bought all of this from www.tascaparts.com. Very friendly and excellent customer service.

Found a solution. Same as mountaineer, could be very useful information for anyone in future with gen 2's that want some sort of option. Should be more than capable of getting pulled out of mud or something but wouldn't recommend hoisting it up by it.

Tow Hook Part #: 1L2Z-17A955-AA

Adjusting Nut Part #: W520815-S436 (qty 2 each)

Mount Plate Bolt Part #: W500642-S436 (qty 2 each)

I bought all of this from www.tascaparts.com. Very friendly and excellent customer service.

Shawn,

What are the prices for these parts?

Also,

:worthless:

Post some pics of your installation, and the final product. Better yet, write up a project to be posted in the project section here on this site! :grin:

Hook was about $50 and and nuts and bolts were about $5.

It would take me longer to take pictures and write up a thread and than it did to install the hooks. They were super super easy. I was expecting like a 30+ hassle, but it took me like 2 minutes to do.

One of these days when it is less cold I will do it and remove the parts and take pictures.

20180226_180241.jpg
20180226_180311.jpg

I installed them on both of my Gen2's... Happy with them.. I actually have a complete set of bolts and clips for sale. Maddog has used and new hooks for sale too.

Hello Shawn,

The way I got around the no front tow hooks "issue" was by purchasing a front hitch receiver. Not only does it give a front tow/recovery point, it also is slightly lower than the bottom of the plastic radiator so it protects it a bit.

If you are interested in buying one I have one for sale that has never been installed, all it needs is bolts to mount it to the frame.

Keith S (aka MadDog)
Hello MadDog,

Do you hav the same part? 1L2Z-17A955-AA?

Or another type?.

Can you show in photo?