2010 Sport Trac, XLT, 2wd, 33" tires and 3" front and 2" rear leveling kit, need top control arm suggestion

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtbehm

Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V6 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
I am asking for input for my 2010 Sport Trac XLT 2wd with a 3" front and 2" rear leveling kit and 33" tires. As for the front control arms, what should I consider?

BTF is the only one....

BTF is the only one....

Thank you.. when replacing the upper control arm should one replace the lower control arm at the same time? Im only asking because it my sons 2010 Sport Trac XLT 2wd and 33x12.5x18 tires, 57,000 miles and added a 3" front and 2" rear leaving kit and I sure don't want any unexpected failures. I was at the 4 Wheel Store and the attendant suggested investigating. The Sport Trac drives and tracks very true and the alignments good, just being pro-active.

How about rears also?

Thanks again.

At that low mileage I don’t think I would bother. I would just inspect the boots and make sure everything looks OK.

At that low mileage I don’t think I would bother. I would just inspect the boots and make sure everything looks OK.

Todd,

When you say you would not bother are you saying not to replace the upper, lower or both control arms due to the mileage? Just being pro-active.. Your input and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

I did investigate BTF and it looks like very stout heavy duty parts.

Merry Christmas and thanks

no, you must do the front uppers, BTF the way to go. The rear are just bushings, easy to change but not needed if still good. ALSO doing suspension work must be torqued properly and at ride height, if not Boom goes the new bushing.
As for the front lowers, if the boots and stuff are good, leave them. Maybe change the sway bar frame and end link bushings....

The gen 2 is soooo easy to work on suspension wise.... no need to change it until its broke.

no, you must do the front uppers, BTF the way to go. The rear are just bushings, easy to change but not needed if still good. ALSO doing suspension work must be torqued properly and at ride height, if not Boom goes the new bushing.
As for the front lowers, if the boots and stuff are good, leave them. Maybe change the sway bar frame and end link bushings....

The gen 2 is soooo easy to work on suspension wise.... no need to change it until its broke.

Awesome feed back.. Ill order the BTF upper control arms today. They appear to be roughly about a 8 wk lead-time which isn't a problem Ill keep everything else statues-que. Ill also ensure torque at ride height. Thanks a Million.

RT Behm

I spoke with Brandon with BFT today. Super nice guy.. Ordered my BFT upper control arms. Thanks again..

Just recd my BFT upper control arms for my 2010 XLT 2wd Sport Trac. Prior to installation are there any tricks of the trade to notate for a proper installation? Im open for suggestions/input? Thanks again RT

Front BTF upper control arms installed and alignment performed. I know this was probably a bit of an over-kill but knowing the potential of a failure and its your sons truck, not worth risking. Pictures will follow.

3" front is not overkill.... at 2" to 2.5 you need them, at 3' its a MUST !!