2010 ST 4.0 Transmission Slip P->R and Stop-> Gas intermittently

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thehof2012

Reaction score
All!

Sorry if you've read my complaints on the FB page already, I wanted to get it in this forum as I've gotten such great help/feedback thus far.

My '10 ST w/ 4.0 and 94k has intermittent issues where from P to R it doesn't engage into R right away. Wait 1-2s, push gas, no problem whatsoever. Also intermittently, if I go to a stop sign, same thing will happen. Give it 1-2s, and gas, and all is OK.

Shifts decently, I think 2nd to 3rd is a little rougher but I've read that's a pretty typical thing on these transmissions.

SO, had fluid levels checked - A OK. Fluid doesn't have a burnt smell to it either. Fluid does look a little darker, but it's likely the original fluid @ 94k mi.

Shop suggests it goes to a dealer. Called the dealer, he suggests a tranny flush (@ ~$250). I'm experienced enough to remove the pan, change the filter, and fill it back up from the bottom. Is this the next thing I should do here? Anyone have similar/identical issues and can pinpoint where this is coming from, or what to try/do?

Latest posts