2010 STA 8cy

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another follow up. I have not had a problem until last week since i cleaned the tranny fluid from the connector. I again opened the connection again, wiped the components, this time i hit the connector with compressed air. Holding steady now. ( i will have tonyake care of this connector asap)( i only have so much fluid in there ! Other than that thr track is running great. Knock wood

A quick follow up, i disconnected the wires going to my tranny and sure enough it was wet inside there. I used a rag to dryboff thr connector being carful not to touch the pins ( electrostatic ) i put it back and havent thrown a code in many weeks now. I will replace thr bulkhead connector next time i am in for service. Thabks to all.
DONT WAIT.... if that fluid eats the pins your screwed..... fix it now !

I ended up having to replace the plugs and coil-on-plugs (or, rather, replaced all 8, like you would use to do on a 'tune up'), and it fixed all issues. My poor V8 was likely running on 6 cylinders before. It's an expensive tune-up, and the parts, themselves, are 300-ish, as opposed to the 50 the old plug/wires would have been in the past. The BAD news is, if you have the two-piece design plugs, they can, and one or two of them might, break off. If that happens, most shops will charge you about $100 per plug that breaks off. I'll just say, after having had to fish one of those out of a head, it's worth it. BUT, you don't want to have to pay for that, if they break off 8 of them, while changing your spark plugs. :p Find a reputable shop, that will do the work, and, at minimum, split the cost with you, if one breaks off.

WTF Ford went with a 2-piece spark plug design is still a question of WTF were they thinking. Just hope none break off. But I guarantee, if you're having the wrench, and you have a V8, it's because it needs new plugs/coil packs. changing them at 125K miles righted my truck immediately!

Another follow up. I have not had a problem until last week since i cleaned the tranny fluid from the connector. I again opened the connection again, wiped the components, this time i hit the connector with compressed air. Holding steady now. ( i will have tonyake care of this connector asap)( i only have so much fluid in there ! Other than that thr track is running great. Knock wood
Why are you getting fluid in connectors? Ug, this crap is going to happen to mine, guaranteed. :p I'm looking SO HARD for an AD. I'm just SO disappointed that they didn't come in the 5.4 Supercharged version that they were supposed to (to take over for the Lightning). I've been looking for a 5.4SC, AWD Adrenalin since I started looking for a truck (only about a year ago, now). I'm disappointed in what's available for super-high-performance trucks. But I also don't want to spend 10K on a SC kit for my truck.

Why are you getting fluid in connectors? Ug, this crap is going to happen to mine, guaranteed. :p I'm looking SO HARD for an AD. I'm just SO disappointed that they didn't come in the 5.4 Supercharged version that they were supposed to (to take over for the Lightning). I've been looking for a 5.4SC, AWD Adrenalin since I started looking for a truck (only about a year ago, now). I'm disappointed in what's available for super-high-performance trucks. But I also don't want to spend 10K on a SC kit for my truck.
But I'm also not seeing a higher-version than a V8, 4X4. I see AWD, but am not convinced that's better. And there's not a factory SC or turbo'd truck. Ford is really dropping the ball, here. I'm certain there are people that'd buy a V8 SC (maybe with the GT500 motor) truck, like the F150, but maybe something different (kinda like they did the Lightning for a couple years).

But I'm also not seeing a higher-version than a V8, 4X4. I see AWD, but am not convinced that's better. And there's not a factory SC or turbo'd truck. Ford is really dropping the ball, here. I'm certain there are people that'd buy a V8 SC (maybe with the GT500 motor) truck, like the F150, but maybe something different (kinda like they did the Lightning for a couple years).
LOL, then again, what I'm asking for would likely cost 80-90K nowadays. Vehicle prices are just ridiculous right now. Hell, I sold my 2010 GT500, only had 35K miles on it, I damn near gave it away. I'm looking for a 2015-2019 grey Mustang GT (just a gt, not a Shelby GT 500), and they want 30K+ for those. People are out of their F'ing minds!!!!! There's a BIG crash coming. I'll keep my stuff until people get their minds right!!!

Sadly due to demand and emissions the SC and 5.4 and all that jazz are never produced. Plus safety too.
Better off spending 7-10K on something used if its in great shape and worry about it then. but even at that a SRT jeep will still kill a SC sport trac.