2015 Motor Trend Truck of the Year - Colorado

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jackson Ellis

Reaction score
This just in. And it's not mid-sized truck of the year. It's truck of the year.

Not posting a link - Google - it's all over the web.

From Consumer Reports "10 Worst Built Cars For 2012" to Motor Trend's "Truck Of The Year" in three years? :banghead:

Last edited by a moderator:
It's an all-new truck since 2012 and hasn't been sold here since then, swshawaii. I hope it takes off like wildfire and gets ford to offer something too, STanner. I love your link, it has the Chevy exec giving the Colorado to Madison Baumgarner for his MVP play in the world series. It was not a good performance.

Kind of a slap in the face of Ford's aluminum bodied F150?

I recall correctly, the Chevy Avalanche was Truck of the Year back in 2001....Motor Trend and Consumer Reports compared the Sport Trac to full-sized trucks and seemed to be very confused about the Sport Trac's size, did not understand the Sport Trac's versatility, and found it difficult to define where the Sport Trac fit in the Truck class?

...Rich

I recall correctly, the Chevy Avalanche was Truck of the Year back in 2001....Motor Trend and Consumer Reports compared the Sport Trac to full-sized trucks and seemed to be very confused about the Sport Trac's size, did not understand the Sport Trac's versatility, and found it difficult to define where the Sport Trac fit in the Truck class?

From the article

The magazine praised the refinement, capability, fuel economy and overall value of the $20,995 Colorado, calling it the ?perfect-size truck.?

Quote:

The magazine praised the refinement, capability, fuel economy and overall value of the $20,995 Colorado, calling it the ?perfect-size truck.?

sheez, that's why I bought my Trac all those years ago....

Attention to those who want to stay with a Ford Sport Trac even if it is used.

Most of the used ones will be at your local Chevy or GMC Dealer in a few months because they will have been traded in for the new "Truck of the Year"!

Resale prices will plummet as these Dealers will drop appraisal prices for so many folks will be wanting to trade !

So just be patient and you may be able to by a decent used Trac at a reasonable price soon at your local GM Dealer.

May also be some Dakota's and Ridgline's on the used lot also

Just trying to lighten up the day ! :haveabeer:

I'll consider it for our next vehicle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just another example of MT trying to impose their will on the rest of the world. Doesn't matter if it's really a POS, its what they think we should all be driving.

Best result would be if it helps Ford make their decision to bring the T6 Ranger here. It was designed for this market in the first place but Ford chickened out because they were more interested in selling F-150s than giving consumers a choice.

I know, just wishful thinking. :sad:

If nobody ever complains, they're never going to listen. So I complain every chance I get, dead horse or not. Sorry if it upsets you but I have no intention of stopping. :grin:

Me too!!! I complain to Ford every chance I get about not having a small or midsize pickup. F-150 won't fit in my garage, and I don't want a full sized truck.

Beat on!

:btddhorse:

@ Gavin - for more than a few years now Chevy and GMC have both had squared wheel wells :banghead:

I also think that the T6 Ranger would do well here in North America. :btddhorse: