V6 Engine
2 Wheel Drive
Reaction score

Kale D

2001 Job 1 Sport Trac
1st Gen Owner
V6 Engine
Reaction score
Always weird that they never mention the ST when they talk about Ford vehicles. It’s always the Ranger, Escape, F150 and now the Bronco. Even with the 4.5 foot bed, they don’t throw any comparisons to the ST, just the new “Flexbed” lol.

Like they are embarrassed of it or something.

Evox

1st Gen Owner
V6 Engine
2 Wheel Drive
Reaction score
I do think the ST is a kind of truck that time has forgotten. I can't remember the last time I saw one (other than mine) on the road in my AO.

On paper and in pictures, the Maverick looks good, especially at that price. But I wonder what it will look like standing next to it.

Last edited:

Evox

1st Gen Owner
V6 Engine
2 Wheel Drive
Reaction score
I know it's a pipedream, but I wish there were a car manufacturer left that overengineered everything so the cars were easy or easier to work on, and they were built to last.

Toyotas use to be that way, not that long ago, but over the last decade, they seem to have abandoned that virtue. Once upon a time, many decades ago, now Mercedes Benz used to be that way as well. The engineers and company took pride in the longevity and serviceability of their products.

In another 10 or 20 years, car mechanics will be computer engineers and electricians.

Emory

2nd Gen Owner
V8 Engine
4 Wheel Drive
Reaction score
I do think the ST is a kind of truck that time has forgotten. I can't remember the last time I saw one (other than mine) on the road in my AO.

On paper and in pictures, the Maverick looks good, especially at that price. But I wonder what it will look like standing next to it.
If it looks anything like the Bronco, then it will be a huge disappointment! Have you seen the Bronco up close? I get it. I'm an old fart who loves his ST 4.6 V8. I'll just keep fixing and updating mine. I still have complete strangers compliment it.

Attachments

• 2008 Sportrac.JPG
    2008 Sportrac.JPG
    113 KB · Views: 15

pdxsta

Reaction score
I know it's a pipedream, but I wish there were a car manufacturer left that overengineered everything so the cars were easy or easier to work on, and they were built to last.

Toyotas use to be that way, not that long ago, but over the last decade, they seem to have abandoned that virtue. Once upon a time, many decades ago, now Mercedes Benz used to be that way as well. The engineers and company took pride in the longevity and serviceability of their products.

In another 10 or 20 years, car mechanics will be computer engineers and electricians.
Yes -- I have 2010 STA and a ML350... wish the STA had the quality of the Benz, but with the style and attitude of the SportTrac. I love my STA, but it feels very cheap and was clearly designed by using only existing Ford parts.

EddieS'04

1st Gen Owner
V6 Engine
2 Wheel Drive
Reaction score
If it looks anything like the Bronco, then it will be a huge disappointment! Have you seen the Bronco up close? I get it. I'm an old fart who loves his ST 4.6 V8. I'll just keep fixing and updating mine. I still have complete strangers compliment it.
DITTO>>DITTO....My 2004 may not be refined, but it is mine payed for and still looks contemporary..

blksn8k

2nd Gen Owner
V8 Engine
Reaction score

Ed Fenwick

1st Gen Owner
Reaction score
'looks good in blue, the pics I have seen were a bit tan and was not so much. The inside seems to be rather spartan also. I like my ST even though I have paid for it twice so far.

Vegas Sporty

1st Gen Owner
Reaction score
Reason why Sport Trac not mentioned is because it's a better vehicle. Probably would out sale the new bronco, should have named the bronco the new pinto by the way. Having all those trucks in their lineup something is going to drop off. Most likely the Ranger? Should have brought back the sport trac label and upgraded to current tech. Maybe even hybrid or even all electric. Sport Trac couldn't keep with a changing area small-medium-large. Don't think this was a good move on Ford's part. But I'm sure they have their hands full trying to find chips right now.

Evox

1st Gen Owner
V6 Engine
2 Wheel Drive
Reaction score
Reason why Sport Trac not mentioned is because it's a better vehicle. Probably would out sale the new bronco, should have named the bronco the new pinto by the way. Having all those trucks in their lineup something is going to drop off. Most likely the Ranger? Should have brought back the sport trac label and upgraded to current tech. Maybe even hybrid or even all electric. Sport Trac couldn't keep with a changing area small-medium-large. Don't think this was a good move on Ford's part. But I'm sure they have their hands full trying to find chips right now.

That's subjective.

In 2004, as hard as it is for some of you to believe, I spent the equivalent in today's dollars of $40K to buy my 2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT brand new.

They're selling this thing for $25k?