24 hours on a treadmill for Zach

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys...I know it's been a while but I thought I'd share this since my fellow ST owners were so supportive last time we did something for Leukemia. Zach is still doing OK but he's still getting chemo and we should be finishing up his treatment in time for my 6-month deployment to Kuwait in Jan. Anyway, please read the story below and please spread the work to anyone who might want to make a small pledge to my untramarathon buddy.

God Bless,

Chris

------------------------------------------------

Rick Mueller, a fellow captain who works in my building, was inspired by Zach and Kim and wants to help raise money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. He's going to run/walk on a treadmill for 24 hours straight on May 19 at the base fitness center. The only time he'll quit running or walking is to use the bathroom. He'll eat and drink while walking as well.

I know it sounds insane but Rick is an ultramarathon runner and has participated in a couple of 100 mile races that have taken him more than a day to complete. He used to be overweight and lost 70 pounds in four months when he was deployed in 1998. Since then, he’s been running.

He's up to the challenge. This will be his first attempt to run for so long on a treadmill, however.

He's asking for people to pledge to give per mile. After his day of running, he'll collect donations based on your pledges and the number of miles he runs. If you'd like to pledge a quarter a mile and he manages to compete 60 miles, you'll add $15 to his LLS donation.

Please send your pledges to [email protected] (please note the underscore between wayward and runner) by May 18. Any amount you pledge will help us find a cure for these deadly diseases.

Pass this e-mail along to everyone in your address books.

God Bless,

Christopher