$266 for 6.8 HP gain???

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The link jsut takes you to the page where you select your vehicle.

But they are sayign 10hp gain for my intake....that's not at teh wheels mind you!

But I bought it and I really enjoy the gains I got, and the sound/appearance!

If looking for the best deal then instead, pay $15 for a performane sticker for the ST.

You will be just as happy about the increased performance and have $250 left in your pocket for even more smiles.

TJR

A supercharger will net you 75 HP at the rear wheels. That cost is about $4,195.

That comes out to 56 dollars per HP.

If the K&N FIPK gets you 6.8 HP for $266.00

That comes out to about 40 dollars per HP.

I guess the K&N increase is not as expensive as one might think it is.

Tom

And what HP you gain from a K&N intake you will only see at higher rpm anyway. The stock system simply isn't very restrictive at about 3000 rpm or less.

If you really want an intake, I'd say save $100 and get the Zabteck unit.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you really want an intake, I'd say save $100 and get the Zabteck unit.

I agree 100%. I would be willing to bet the Zabtek uniit will also give you better performance.

Tom

And what HP you gain from a K&N intake you will only see at higher rpm anyway. The stock system simply isn't very restrictive at about 3000 rpm or less.

I will have to disagree with this since or atleast that you will definatly see a gain in mpg under normal driving conditions. I went from about 15.8 stock to 17.5 ish with my K&N FIPK. I would think that this has something to do with added horsepower through all ranges.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a FIPK from K&N. If Todd Z was around in 03 I would have purchased from him. Design is similar and I would guess the HP gains are similar. Also drop in K&N's are like snake oil, the only good things is not replacing a paper filter every 15K miles.

Latest posts