28 MPG???

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel like emailing him about his lie. No way it will get 25 in city either. Notice he doesnt give the milage or general condition. For me, when a seller tells one lie, I walk away.

Don't tell my neighbor that has the Chevy Crapalanche we don't get 25-28 mpg. He thinks I do. I have no idea where he got that info. :rolleyes:

With all the performance mods I had on my 2001 the best I got was 19 on the highway and 16 around town. I also had 285's on it.

Nothing like a little lie to help sell . . . . . . . .

I get 20mpg in almost every tank. I'll fill up with 20 or 21 gallons, and I'll look at the trip meter before I reset it and inevitably it'll say I've gone somewhere between 395-425 miles. 28mpg is another matter, though.

I even got a ticket the other day for 77 in a 60. I really was just driving with traffic in the left lane. Houston traffic moves when it's the opposite direction of rush hour! And I still got almost 400 miles in that tank.

The 77mph reminded me of a police chase a few months ago, and the news announcer stating they were running 80mph at times. My thought was "well, at least he's keeping up with traffic!":D

ITS A SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Same car, same pic, almost same price, different city!

Last edited by a moderator:
I get 25 hwy, is very doable, drive 55/60, run all syn fluids, use a scangauge to monitor whats going on, run your tires at 40/42 lbs.

No mods, dead stock. None of the mods I've seen are worth the money for me. Synthetic oil is the only change from factory. It may be the 65 mile freeway commute each way that I have, or maybe it's the grandma driving style. My wife never could get more than 17mpg out of the Trac, but I consistently get better mileage than she does. And I tend to run 35-40 psi in my tires.

i usually get 19-20 all purpose driving depending on how much i slam the gas....

would love to get that 28 or anything around that... pfftt