2nd gen fender/bumper removal sanity check

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tremelune

Reaction score
I just picked up a 2007 Sport Trac Limited and I'd like to make the fender flares and bumpers satin black like the base model. I see a few bolts, screws, and some plastic clips that look like they just pry out, but I'm notorious for breaking plastic clips and I'd rather go in prepared...Am I correct in thinking I can just yank these suckers out and shove them back in, or should I buy a bunch in anticipation of them all getting destroyed in the process...?

Am I better off buying a set of plastics from a junkyard, stripping the paint and using Plastikote, or vinyl wrapping, do you think?

If anyone knows where I can find a friggin' service manual, I'm all years...I'm happy to pay or pirate, but not pay to pirate...

I also just bought a 2007 Sport Trac XLT. Did you ever find a service manual? I'd like one as well. Lots of issues I need to tackle including a non functioning power rear vent window.

Thanks

IF you remove the plastic inner fender liner you can squeeze the clips and they will not break. the tree fasteners you use the right tool and pull out. Screws obviously.... that's is... but WHY ??? the mono chrome look is sooo good.... I wish i found a limited set when i had my black truck.. i painted my xlt ones to match the black... soo much better...

Latest posts