3" Body lift Question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tombstones81

Reaction score
I know, already have another thread made, but this is important & specific.

Heres the kit I got.
https://performancelifts.com/performance-accessories-ford-sport-trac-3-body-lift-kit-70023.html
Is there ANYTHING else I need or to modify or anything at all.

Finally caught my neighbor to ask if he would help me in his garage with the install.

All of the ones hes done for other trucks has needed longer brake lines, steering stem, & other sh!t.

So is it just a straight forward install with the parts supplied & nothing more?

ty

Downloaded the install manual for that specific kit & looked it over.
Paper one that came with it isnt the best printed quality vs a computer screen.

It covers ALL modifications needed when installing the kit & all of the hardware supplied.

But is there anything that is Not listed & Not included in the kit that needs to be done?

two things I would consider in a 1G sport trac body lift are new body mount bushing particularly positions 2 and 3 are likely crumbling or non existent at this point 1 and 4 were okay whe I installed mine. went with stock bushings but psystar and other brands make poly style bushing but more vibration will be transferred to the Cab. Also some Torx or Allen rounded top bolts for the bed. well look more stock and not have stuff get caught up on them in the bed.

I agree on replacing the body mount bushings while you are at it. I did that when I did the 3" body lift on mine, and yes I found several that were disintegrating.

The lift kit comes with the steering shift extension. IF you have a manual transmission, you'll need the optional shifter extender.

Some people mentioned front fascia alignment, Lower rad hose being too short, AC hose stretching, Just have to unbolt hose retainer, and if you have tow hooks or a trailer hitch they don't work or need ranger tow hooks or something made.

front outer bumper is a PITA keep the bumper bolts loose and do your best to align the clips the outer screws are the worst. mine didnt align perfectly but doesn't look terrible. I had no issue with radiator or Ac hose but doesn't mean someone else hasn't. the tow hitch had to go for now. it would work but would be 3" lower than bumper and look weird imo.

Latest posts