30,000 miles maintenance

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anupam Routh

Reaction score
Greetings! Mileage at my new 2003 ST is now at 29,000 miles. I travel only 7,000 miles per year. For 30,000 miles service shall I take it to Ford dealer or to our local repair shop? Shall I have to replace fuel filter and change automatic transmission now? With thanks.

arouth,

Yes, Definitely get the fuel filter changed, and get the tranny fluid done at 30,000. I suggest you take it to a local shop for the service as they should not be as pricey as a dealership. I get my tranny fluid changed at Jiffy Lube for $89.95, Fuel filter at the same place runs about 15-18 dollars.

Given the 03 and 04 STs transmission issues, I would vote that you get the transmission serviced at the dealer. Sure, it will be more expensive, but if your dealer is like any other, they are more likely to "work with you" on any future issues if you can show the regular service done with them, and more apt to not want to work with you if the transmissions has been serviced by someone else.

Last edited by a moderator: