32x11.5" tire, what wheel size?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Curt Brubaker

Reaction score
Hey guys...new to the sport trac world, and I'm working on making my trac unique.

I'm looking to do the TT/Shackle lift, and then run a 32x11.5" or 32x10.5" tire (depends on what i can find in what tire I like). I've been looking at the Mickey Thompson Baja Claws. I'm not concerned with mileage, but I do know I'll do more on-road than off driving.

My concern is, do I need to do a 9" or 10" rim to fit this wide of a tire? I want to stay 15" wheel (I have 15's now, and I like the look of more tire personally).

My other issue is, what for offset do I need? I'm considering the Pro Comp Rock Crawler 99's. I wouldn't mind having the tires just outside the fenders, but I don't want it way out that I need flares.

Thanks for the help!

Curt

Curt,

Not sure if you got my email but those tires will rub with just a TT lift. And you only need a 9" tires as well.

Chad

Chad,

I did get your message, just didn't get to respond yet. I don't have any issue with cutting whatever fender pieces need cut to not rub, my concern was the rim width with an 11.5" tire. I'm seeing a lot of people run them even on stock 7" rims with no issues, I figured I'd ask before I just assumed an 8" rim would work well.

Thanks,

Curt

Curt, I am running 32X11.5X15 on an 8" rim width. My wheel has a a backspace of 3.75. Offset is -19.00 mm. The only adjustment I made was leveling the truck utilizing a TT lift. You will get rubbing on the inside fender well when turning the front tires from lock to lock. I have trimmed them enough that now the only rubbing I get is in reverse when the wheel is turned in one direction or the other to the extreme. The tires I use are Bridgestone Dueler A/T.

You can go to 33-12:50X15 on a 8" rim with no problem. Gears will be your only problem a tire that big you will lose gas milage and power. Good luck and have fun. Bill

Les,

Do you have any pictures with your setup? I'm curious how they sit compared to the outter fender with that backspace and offset.

Thanks for the help!

-Curt

Sorry Curt, I don't. The rear tires sit under the fender with a portion of the sidewall extended. For the front tire the entire sidewall is outside of the fender with the tread even with the fender. The acutal wheel I am using is the "U.S. Wheel 84 Series Black Daytona Wheels." I purchased them from Summit Racing. Part# USA-84-5812L. The center cap

part #USW-C330-P. The wheels were $42.00 each and the center caps were $5.00 each. My

ST is birch silver so I preferred the black to chrome wheels.

I have the same tire size and wheel - 15x8 w/ 3.75 backspace and I have no rub at all with just the TT. I have pics in my library...I think you'll be happy with the traction benefits v. minor losses in mpg (although the claws are significantly heavier than my AT's).

Latest posts