4x4 Module solved the problem. WOO HOO!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Mathias

Reaction score
I have a 2001 ST. The 4wd quite working about a year and a half ago. I have been looking at many forums to see what the problem was. After determining that it was the transfer case module, I went to car-part.com to find one. I could not locate one using a 2001 ford explorer to search for it. I ended up using a 2001 Ford Ranger. Then chassis electrical (not engine) and the transfer case module was the same number as mine.

If anyone else is having trouble finding one, this helps a bunch. The salvage yards I was calling couldn't even figure it out. The part was only $63 shipped and it took ten minutes to take it out of the package, unscrew the old one and install this one in its place.

It's good to have my 4wd working again.

Tom, Was the part you got a New part or a used one?

I just called the Dealer anfd they want $256.01 for a new one, But he will give me a discount down to $225.00. Anyone else know where I can get one for a better price?

Thanks.

I just called the Dealer anfd they want $256.01 for a new one, But he will give me a discount down to $225.00. Anyone else know where I can get one for a better price?

Try Torrie at Fast Parts Network...

Are you talking about the module inside the cab or the t-case shift motor? If you need a shift motor just go to Advanced Auto or Oreilleys Autoparts and get a lifetime motor for $71.99, that is what I just did.