4x4 self ingagement

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G Driver

Reaction score
hummm OK after doing the search thing and reading for hours, I'm thinking maybe the 4x4 module is going bad. But would like a second opinion. 2001 ST truck seems to have gone into 4x4 high on it's own, no dash lights on. I have tried cycling the switch, with no luck, still in 4x4 high. Removed shift motor, pointer say 2wd, truck still binds when driven. Lights on dash work with switch as normal. Removed front drive shaft just to get it home, that worked.:( any ideas would help

thanks guys

That is exactly what happened to mine when the module went out. I could even here the module click and the light on the dash would turn on when I engaged the 4x4. Also, mine is an 01'. I don't know what a new one cost but I got mine from a junkyard for $75.

Sent you a list of yards that have Explorers, Sports, and Sport Tracs in them not too far from you. The LAST number on the far right are the miles from your zip code..