$5 a gallon??!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clay Campbell

Reaction score
heard today that nothing will be done about the gas price until it reaches $5 a gallon. thats insane!!! the trac will have to become a lawn ornament

For doing 70 mph I think that car held up incredibly well for it's size. Honestly these cars should only be considered for in town travel.

Umm, the smart car basically fails a crash, the left door gets ripped off and its a car you would not want to be driving.

Cant you just watch the video?

GeorgeT.

They crash one into a concrete wall at 70 mph.

I actually think they look like they stand up pretty well.

I saw them in Europe and would like to get one for my daughter.... although I may end up driving it since gas is so bad.

I normally only drive about 4 miles a day; for the last week, and for the next 5, I have to commute 37 miles in the morning (only 4 in the afternoon since I can take the ferry) and the gas is killing my beer money. :)

well... i dont want no smart car... even if i could fit in it lol

that car moved a 20ton cement wall on crashing into it at 70mph... i dunno if it was supposed to do that but if that was cuz of breaks... screw that!

plus if u wreck like that... u wont walk for the rest of ur life, if u even survive in that little toy car!

George, this laptop doesn't have Flash player installed, so I can't look up youtube right now :(

Thanks for filling me in.

I've been in a civic and just for the heck of it I sat in a non-squished Beetle in a junkyard. Both were too small, I couldn't go any smaller to smart car land.

It's not that we "want" big cars in america, it's that we need bigger cars than people of other nations because we're bigger lol.

are we watching the same video here, that little car held up incredibly well for a 70 to 0 mph crash. one of you go do the same test with your sport trac. i think your opinion will change about this little car

you hit a wall going seventy in any passenger car the only thing that will allow you to ever walk again would be gods sweet grace. but as you can see in that video of the smart car your upper body when all your vital organs we protected and its obvious that was the aim of the engineers. most cars would be unrecognizable from a crash like that.

The Smart car is not a deal. There are many cars out there that get the same mileage, but more room and less cost.

IMO, the Smart Car is not a bargain.

Tom

Believe it or not, I have seen something like this actually working.

It was at the Ohio State Fair. They had an exibit where engines were running on Hydrogen only. The water looked like it was boiling off Hydrogen and the engine ran off that.

Will this system work correctly? I honestly do not know.

I can say I seen that same type of system in use. They were lawnmowers.

Tom