5w-20 To 0w-20 Oil

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robin Cox

Reaction score
Amsoil has a new 0W-20 motor oil to replace the 5W-20 oil. It has extended service, 1 year or 25k miles with normal driving and 1 year or 15,000 miles with rough service, and regular oil changes for performance vehichles. They also have an oil filter rated at 25k miles. Amsoil says the oil has better protection, mileage, and service. I have used Amsoil products before and they did a good job for me. Stopped using them because they only had a 7500 mile oil, in the 5W-20, and Mobile 1 came out with a 15k mile oil. Has anyone tried this or heard anything about it?

He has a V8 which calls for 5w-20.

If Amsoil says their 0w-20 oil meets all warranty requirements I wouldn't worry about it, but do get a UOA at least the first time to see how it's doing. Personally I don't use Amsoil because it costs too much and I don't like the multi-level marketing technique.

In my V6 I am running Mobil 1 0w-30 Advanced Fuel Economy Formula, which Mobil says meets most warranty requirements for 5w-30 and 10w-30 applications. The UOA was okay.

Johnny,Ithought you mentioned a while back. That you got your best uoa, with penzoil platinum syn. In you 4.0L.

I was debating using it, from what you said.

Ok, thanks. As far as price, I have a friend that is a distributer and he sells it to me for his price and that is cheaper than Mobile 1. Plus I have had a hell of a time finding 5W-20 in Mobile one or any other extended performance oil here lately. So much that I was starting to worry that they had quit making it for some reason.