6 channel amp and sound system in my ST

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robbie Oh

Reaction score
If anyone is looking for some ideas on how to get a "stealthy". Hidden install for an aftermarket sound system i found a way to throw in a 6 channel amp, sub box, subwoofer, 2 fared capacitor, headunit(not hidden), and 4 full range rockford fosgate speakers...

when i was asking around at different audio places, everyone was telling me there was no way to hide a 6 channel amp in the limited room enviorment of my 2001 ST. Eventually i found a way, and had Sound FX in upstate NY install it for me. it took A LOT of fabrication with the hidden compartments behind the seats in order to do it though. I have pics on page 2 of my cardomain site where you can see my truck and all the installed sound components.

Hope this helps some people.

Last edited by a moderator:
No offense, but its not that hard to fit that stuff in. I've got 2 amps, a large AC power inverter,a power distribution block and a ground distribution block all mounted behind the storage compartments with space left over if its really needed. Didn't take any fabrication at all, just a few screws.

I did the same as Dan except only 1 amp, and still have my jack and other items in the storage compartment. I only had to use 8 screws to mount the amp, fuse block, and both subs.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]: