6 speed transmissions

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tony stewart

Reaction score
Just curious ! How many have had their transmission issues resolved as far as shifting issues on the 6 speed. Had mine back to dealer lately and for now seems fine.

I had an issue with the shifting for the first 500 miles, but it seems to have fixed itself after the "learning" phase.

I've got about 4K miles on it now and haven't had any shifting issues since then.

Tony:

I just took mine in for TSB 07-23-2 a month so ago and this is the best so far. I have about 500 miles on it since and the 2-1 HARD downshift went away. The HARD downshift started after the 1st TSB I had performed. It also used to seem like it revved, slipped a bit if I stopped and went to accelerate immediately(kind of a hesitation). That went away 99.9%. It still has a bit of a hesitation but it's hardly noticeable.

Looks like my mileage may be a bit worse but then it has been cold so it is most likely running rich. I will pass judgement after warm weather comes back to stay.

For a V8 it still has some doggy spots but with this TSB it is a lot better. Acceleration is much better and it is much more funn to drive.

As far as I'm concerned, this is the way it should have been from the factory....FINALLY! Hard to believe FORD would put a vehicle on the road with issues like this. What did it take them, a year and a half to come up with a good fix. Should have been fixed before '07 since I believe the EXPLORER came out with the V8 & 6 speed in '06! I'm satisfied but wonder how the transmission will last in the long run. Glad I have the FORD extended warranty.

All in all, I'm now very happy with my '07 Sport Trac.

Gary G
:cool::blink::wacko::D

I agree, I asked my salesmen what happens in the long run if my transmission kicks it pre-maturely. He said, "oh it wont, you wont have any problems". When I asked him to get it in writing, he suddenly had to run to his office, didn't see him after that.

I had those similar problems, and got the computer reflash - either the same TSB as Gary G's, or the previous - back in late August / early September. Have had no problems whith these problems since.

Insist on the 07-23-2 TSB . . .