6R60 Downshift Bump Fixed

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vic Sorlie

Reaction score
Almost 2 months into ownership of my 08 Adrenalin, and this truck had the downshift "bump" mentioned on this forum and also in several Ford TSBs. Took it to a local dealership today and this gig's now history, cured by the TCM reflash and test drive procedure. Cost was covered by the 5yr/60K mile Powertrain Warranty.
[Broken External Image]:

Vic, I have an 08' and apparently that is what I feel in my drivetrain. I bought it used in May of this year and just thought it was because of the AWD system. Would you please expound on this for me because I tried looking it up in this forum and could not find it ....... unless I am naive and don't know how to search for it! :banghead:

mrmarvyn, take your Trac to the Ford service department and explainthat you are having an issue where you feel a hard downshift or bump feeling coming fro your vehicle. The tell them that you have information that the issue is resolved in TSB 08-24-4. I can assure you they will know exactly what you are talking about.

This used to be a very hot topic on this forum several yrs ago shrtly after the Gen2 was released. Also, see my library for details.

re: 6R60 Downshift Bump Fixed by Lil Red ............

Hi Lil Red, this is mrmarvyn the new owner of the 2008 STA with the "bump" symptom and I wanted to say that my STA has apparently surpassed the warranty mileage for the TSB in my opinion since it had 69,000 miles on the odometer. Call me naive, but this is my first AWD vehicle and I never thought much about it being a TSB recall because I assumed that it was because of the AWD. But thank you for enlightening me on that, as well with the other members on here who helped me with insight. So I will mosey on down to my FMC dealer and see what they say about it. I could have them check to see if it has ever been in for this TSB fix. Again, thank you so much!!!:driving:

re: 6R60 Downshift Bump Fixed by Lil Red ............

Hi Lil Red, this is mrmarvyn the new owner of the 2008 STA with the "bump" symptom and I wanted to say that my STA has apparently surpassed the warranty mileage for the TSB in my opinion since it had 69,000 miles on the odometer. Call me naive, but this is my first AWD vehicle and I never thought much about it being a TSB recall because I assumed that it was because of the AWD. But thank you for enlightening me on that, as well with the other members on here who helped me with insight. So I will mosey on down to my FMC dealer and see what they say about it. I could have them check to see if it has ever been in for this TSB fix. Again, thank you so much!!!

mrmarvyn, if you pay for this fix the dealership shouldn't charge you more than one hour of shop time. That's what they get on the TSB. IMO, the improvement in transmission operation is worth the $100. You could ask for a "Goodwill" repair from Ford since this is a well-known problem.

Latest posts