A Big Thank You to Dingo

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Martin

Reaction score
I wasn't going to report on here until I performed some more testing, but this morning I tried Dingo's Fix to see if it would help or fix my transmission issues.

Dingo........Your The Man......Thank You!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

After doing what Dingo suggested, I took my truck for a test drive, both city and highway. I can't believe how well my transmission shifts now. I have to say it rides better than it did when I first took it off the dealership lot.

When I get on it, there is no hesitation in downshifting and I've noticed while I'm shifting from a stop, it uses less RPM's then it did before.....I figure this will also improve my city driving mpg's as well.

When I first started up my truck and threw it in reverse, there was no hesitation of it going into gear. This was an issue I had if the truck sat for several hours (this will have to be studied further to see if this fix actually fixed this issue as well)

I don't know if this fix will fix ya'll's issues, but it seems to have fixed mine.

After I drive the truck for a few weeks, we'll see if it continues to shift correctly or revert back to it's old ways. I will report again should anything change.

Thanks again Dingo and If your ever in the Dallas area, the drinks are on me. :D

:) Send $100 on a SASE for that info..... J/k

Just pull both battery cables off, touch them together for a sec and leave them off the battery for about 30 min. Then connect them back up, reset your radio stations and go drive your truck like you stole it. :D

Dingo......it's amazing how the truck shifts now......far better than it did from the dealership when I bought it. Thx again....and I mean it about the drinks. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Donno about an '01.....it might.. All your doin is resetting the computer and forcing the trans to do a new relearn. Don't see why it couldn't hurt to try.

I never had the 'bump' coming to a stop as some of the others have reported, but I had the slip and rough shifting and hesitation while it tried to downshift whenever I got on it. Now, when I do, my head wants to fly into the backseat. :)

Just got back from another test drive and she still shifts very well. I've never had it in for a TSB, mainly for the horror stories that they only worked for a little while. So, for now, this has fixed my issues.....time will tell if it continues to shift well or it reverts back to it's old ways.

I drove my '04 hard from day one. It always shifted good and positive. Now since gas prices and soft peddeling it. I can tell it is readapting, shifts soft.

I went for about a 20 min drive on the first run and found it shifted great right from the start. But, I'm not going to drive like a maniac, but also not like an old man.

So far, I'm also noticing better fuel mileage since the tranny isn't acting wierd as before. With any kind of slip, I'm sure you lose your fuel performance as well.

Since I bought my truck, I've never felt it shift this smooth before. When I get on it, it takes off like a rocket with no hesitation. Before this 'fix', it seemed it had about a 1-2sec. delay before it would downshift to a lower gear.

I have noticed before doing this, there has been a gradual drop in my mpg's with those slipping issues. I'll be going for a long drive tomorrow and test the difference in my mpg's.

I don't know how long it takes to relearn, but just in my first trial run, it's learning pretty quick. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
On my '02, sometimes the 'bump' is so bad it doesn't even bump at all and has not even down shifted back into first gear by the time the signal changes. I have to grab the gear shift and manually pull it into 1st gear to make sure it starts out in 1st. That a real PITA. I do notice that the problem only seems to happen on very warm days when the outside temp is in the mid 90's or higher.

I have had occasions of the blinking O/D light but my scan gage never showed any code from the computer even when the light was actually blinking. What's up with that B/S?

I may try the reset of the computer to see if it helps. I have over 138K on my '02.

Bob,

You might try the battery thing.....couldn't hurt. If you do, post back on any difference it makes to your truck.

I'm heading out today for a long test drive, I can't believe what a difference it has made to my truck.

I see you live out near where I grew up......spent 24 years in the Anaheim area...just got too damn crowded and expensive to stay there any longer.

Martin,

Moved to Anaheim in '59 and lived there for the most part till '03. Lived in my last house over 30 years. I have since moved only 6 miles north to Fullerton (almost into Brea).

I know what you mean about crowded and expensive. (thank heaven for Prop 13 for the property taxes, anyway. lol)

Small world......my family moved to Anaheim in '59 as well. Folks got tired of all the snow in Toronto, Canada, so the entire family jumped into an old station wagon and we drove mostly Route 66 down to Calif. Me, mom, dad, uncle, aunt and my grandparents.

None of them had any jobs lined up, just wanted to move someplace warmer. Was a risky move back then.

My folks still live in the same house they bought in '61.....paid $12K for it new, now it's worth in the area of 480K. Growing up as a kid, I still remember all the orange groves that used to cover most of Anaheim.

I just miss the Mountains and the ocean, but would never move back out there.....Love Texas too much. :)

I can relate to that outrageous increase in home value. The home I bought in Anaheim in '72, I sold in '03 for a 1700% increase in value. Yes, that is a one thousand seven hundred percent appreciation. Just mind boggling.

Latest posts