A bird is fascinated with my 07.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Denise Hayes 2

Reaction score
It seems I have began a battle with a Tufted Titmouse bird. She has discovered herself in the side mirrors,pecking on them, so I threw some towels over them, trying to discourage her. That worked fine, then I hear her pecking today, she now has discovered herself on my chrome bug shield. the pecking has began again. Any ideas without harming her????

Put a mirror on the roof. It reflects better and might attract the bird. Eventually, move the mirror next to the ST and then farther away. Sorry, best I could think of at the time. It works for cats if they like scratching posts, to put them near the place where the scratch furniture and then move it away.

I think it likes its reflection and will peck any chrome or mirror. You could find a pet shop and see if they could order you a bird trap cage. Then you could trap and release. You will probably have to drive a ways to release. Otherwise it may find its way back. This maybe too much of a hassle though. If it was me. I would let it go. Eventually it will quit.

My advice would be get rid of the bird ( by any means possible) or your paint job will suffer. The reason I am saying is I had the same problem. And the bird ended up scratching the paint. It sets there trying to attack the mirror and at the same time has its claws extended trying to land on the side of the door. And it will scratch your paint. I know first hand. And its makes a dirty mess on the side too. I let it go and the bird moved to another vehicle w/ a chrome bumper and not my mirror anymore. But it was on my mirror for about 2 weeks. So I didnt help you with how to get rid of it but maybe what I am telling you maybe will save your paint job. Good luck !!

or a small dollar store plastic bird and mount it in the tree that the bird flys out of....

Give it a new friend...

Todd Z

Try using a bb gun. The fun will be trying to hit the bird and not your ST. I would love to sit back and watch that.

Truc Trac exposed the true answer :lol: