A/C Compressor Engaged Regardless of Setting on A/C Switch

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NOFEAREYES

Reaction score
My A/C Compressor is Engaged Regardless of Setting on A/C Switch ... the switch on the right side of manual A/C control panel... I caan't just run fan to circulate air without the A/C compressor engaging !

What should I start checking ?

My A/C Compressor is Engaged Regardless of Setting on A/C Switch ... the switch on the right side of manual A/C control panel... I caan't just run fan to circulate air without the A/C compressor engaging !

What should I start checking ?
Mine has been like from day one also. Always cycling. regardlessof switch position.

The compressor should only run on AC and defrost. Mine cycles, maybe once to twice an hour, in all modes.
The purpose is to keep the compressor lubed in those down times. If yours never shuts down, in other modes except AC. There is a problem.

The only time the compressor does not engage is when you select Off, Panel, or Floor. If your compressor runs in the Off position either the clutch is stuck or your switch has issues. Does it at least cool? If so there would be no reason to break open the system and replace the compressor.

Try unplugging the A/C clutch and see if it still runs

The compressor doesn't run when selector is in OFF position ... it runs in every other setting .. FLOOR, BOTH, DASH, BOTH A/C settings

Actually it runs in ALL setting BUT the first to left. Vent top and floor. it will run in all settings. this is normal.