A/C problem

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emilio

Reaction score
I got a 2008 sport track, went I step in the gas pedal or going uphill the a/c stop blowing air and open the vents of the windshield and went I step lite on the pedal it start blowing from the front vent again. I went to a refrigeration technician and he told me that the problem is a diaphragm that with time it deteriorate and spot working, that is near the glove box and it have another diaphragm in the radio or behind the radio. So anyone have a solution or have the same problem?

I got a 2008 sport track, went I step in the gas pedal or going uphill the a/c stop blowing air and open the vents of the windshield and went I step lite on the pedal it start blowing from the front vent again. I went to a refrigeration technician and he told me that the problem is a diaphragm that with time it deteriorate and spot working, that is near the glove box and it have another diaphragm in the radio or behind the radio. So anyone have a solution or have the same problem?
Hey Emilio. I had the exact same problem on my 2008 ST and it turned out to be the VCV that swshawaii referenced at RockAuto. Had to replace it twice in five years. The only one I know about is under the hood on the passenger side, close to the firewall in between the engine and PCM.

Yup, I posted this a while back on the Facebook forum with pics. ITS the vacuum check valve just on the passenger side under the hood right at the ac lines at the firewall. Change that.

i have a 04 that i just had the ac do the same thing and only on acceleration, i love reading the post on here and the ac system i know notta minata, is vcv the same on the 04, and location, my truck is old but only 58k miles so i have been lucky with very few issues.

Gen 1 is a different problem, his Gen 2 is this, or a broken or cracked line. yours could be a line, the vacuum ball in the fender, the switch or a leaking pot under the dash,

thank you, it just happened and did not find much info online, so any advise is appreciated.

Latest posts