AAAAAAHHHH!!!!! TRANNY TROUBLE!!!!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry Phillips

Reaction score
It's getting worse. I'm going to try to get her in this week or next. Twice this weekend, she felt like she was stuck in 3rd taking off on a stop light, then would only shift to 4th when I entered the highway. It's intermittant, and there's no codes. It happens suddenly, does it for about a half hour or so, then clears up. After it clears up, it runs and shifts like a champ (aside from the 2-3 flare). I just had a flush a week ago. I'd take it in now, but I can't afford to be without my truck. I'm trying to get time off to do it, and things just aren't working out...

Thanks for listening...

:unsure: :wacko:

Yeah, sounds like it is slowly burning up. Something is gone in the valvbody or solenoids, and I guess the extra heat and stuff, looks like a rebuild is in the future...

Todd Z

Yeah... For now, I'm hoping a new valve body will help hold off more troubles. I'm thinking the heat might've warped the valve body, or possibly jacked up (Air Force term) the valve body gasket.

Oh yeah, I forgot, the temps came back down to normal once I had the fluid flushed. I'm hoping the flush itself didn't start this 3rd gear issue.

Last edited by a moderator: