AAARRRRGGGGHHHHH :-( :-(

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd Z

4 wheel drive
2nd Gen owner
V8 Engine
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V8 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
Rant On:

Sorry I don't normally do this but I need to vent !!! :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

So Last week I had the RF drive axle boot split on me.... ( what reason, who knows)

So I get the replacement boot and after calling around to rent the on the car boot tool ( I don't want to take the joint apart) I find Advanced Auto has the axle for $50.00 !!!!!!

Start Time SAT 1PM (85 Degrees out, 90% humidity)

SO i decide to get the whole thing...

I take the truck apart and Guess what, The upper Ball joint has some play in it, more then i would like.

Advanced does not stock, Pep boys has. I drive to Pepboys get the upper and change that, Then install the axle.

Get it all back together at about 4PM, Clean up, Go for the test drive..

BACKING out of my drive way I hear a loud POP !!!! *&^^%P(Y)(*&^

I KNOW THAT SOUND !!!!!!

Snapped the dam axle, Tore the boot, ^(*&^(*& :angry::angry::angry::angry:

Call advanced, They don't have any more in stock but can Over night a NEW one to me.

SO I am off to get my OLD axle back and try the boot kit IF not I will do the NEW axle...

SO I am off to advanced now to get my old axle back....

I just cant figure this stuff out, I can work on any ones truck with no problems, Mine is allways a Freaking NIGHTMARE...

And it figures that Paul and George could not help out today...

Thanks For letting me rant.;)

Rant off:

Todd Z

First assembly:

[Broken External Image]:

Now All apart again!!!! :angry::angry:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
That is how it goes. You can do anything to another person's property, but when it comes to your own, expect it to go like sh*t. I've learned that along time ago. The problem is I still expect it to go like clockwork.;)

I know you though todd, you'll have it up and running in no time. Was the axle "new" of "new refurbished"?;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry Todd.

I have the opposite affliction. I can work on my stuff all day long just fine, but try to do a favor for a friend and everything goes to shit. I pretty much refuse to work on my friends' stuff because of it.

Yeah,

I got my old one back, I got the new boot on there, But i don't think I like it.

I am going to see what the New one looks like tomorrow and compare them and see...

Stone,

The first one was a Reman axle, The New one is Brand new....

Gary,

A lift is not the answer...

Todd Z

All done, Got the New axle from advanced, about a 90% match to the oem one, and seems to work good...

The front of the truck feels like it should...

Thanks for letting me vent...

Todd Z

Chad,

It was not my ability to do the job, Just the heat and the pain of getting a defective part...

LOL jeff....

Todd Z